Students are encouraged to dress for success and learning. These guidelines apply to all students at all times. The dress code is as follows:
- Clothing should be clean and in good repair
- Shoes must be appropriate for PE and the playground
- Midriffs must be covered
- Shorts and skirts must be mid-thigh or longer
- Hats may be worn outside only
- Always dress for the weather....hats, coats, gloves, boots, etc. when the weather calls for it
Clothing to AVOID at school:
- T-shirts with inappropriate messages including alcohol, tobacco, drugs, violence, etc.
- Short shorts or skirts
- Halter tops without a t-shirt underneath
- Spaghetti strap tank tops/muscle shirts
- Clothing that is gang related in anyway
Students who attend school in inappropriate clothing will be sent to the office. Parents will be notified and will be asked to come to the school with school appropriate clothing.
- Be Safe
- Be Respectful
- Be Responsible
- Be Kind
At Indian Hills, we recognize that students learn best in a safe, supportive environment. To promote that environment in our school, four basic expectations have been established. Students are expected to be safe, respectful, responsible, and kind in their words and actions. If a choice is made to not meet these expectations, the following procedures will be followed:
- Discuss the incident and establish logical consequences.
- Implement consequences and inform parents if infractions continue.
- Enforce higher consequences if violations continue.
- Conduct a parent/teacher or parent/teacher/principal conference and develop a behavior intervention plan and meet with parents.
In the event that a student chooses to violate a district policy, the school will follow the district discipline policy in applying consequences. This policy is posted on the district website.